I would like to:
Web Site Disclaimer
Please read this agreement entirely and carefully before accessing this website. By accessing the site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not access or use this site.
• Accuracy. Every effort is made to provide information that is accurate. However, protocols, policies, prices and other matters contained in this website are subject to change at any time by appropriate action of Wagner-Giblin Insurance Agency.
• Not Solicitation or Advice. The information contained within this site is provided for education and general information purposes, and is not intended to constitute an offer to solicit business or an offer to sell in connection with any product or service. We do not intend this site to be a solicitation related to any particular company, nor does it intend to provide investment, legal or tax advice. Users should consult with their own investment, legal or tax advisors regarding any insurance or investment strategies discussed in this website.
• Copyright in this website rests with Wagner-Giblin Insurance Agency unless otherwise indicated.
• NO WARRANTIES. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY WARRANTY ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. NO ORAL ADVICE OR WRITTEN INFORMATION PROVIDED SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY; NOR SHALL MEMBERS OR VISITORS TO THE SITE RELY ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR ADVICE.
• Disclaimer of Liability. The user assumes all responsibility and risk for the use of this website and the Internet generally. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall anyone involved in creating or maintaining this website be liable for any DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL or CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, or LOST PROFITS that result from the use or inability to use the website and/or any other websites which are linked to this site. Nor shall they be liable for any such damages including, but not limited to, reliance by a member or visitor on any information obtained via the website; or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, viruses, errors, defects, or any failure of performance, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access.
• States or Countries which do not allow some or all of the above limitations of liability, liability shall be limited to the greatest extent allowed by law.
• Online Conduct. Visitors agree to use the website only for lawful purposes and are prohibited from posting on the website any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory or obscene material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. Although in the absence of a specific complaint any postings are not monitored for compliance with this provision, in an effort to discourage such conduct, please note that all postings in any guestbook or similar area will be removed that do not comply.
• Third Party Content. This site contains links to external sites which are not maintained by Wagner-Giblin Insurance Agency, and we are not responsible for the content of such external sites. We are DISTRIBUTORS (NOT PUBLISHERS) of the content supplied by visitors and other third parties on this website. Accordingly, we have no more editorial control over this content than does a public library. Your access to and use of any other Internet sites linked to or from this website is at your own risk and Wagner-Giblin Insurance Agency assumes no obligation or liability in connection therewith. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content made available by members, visitors and other third parties are those of the respective author(s) and we are not responsible for any material posted by third parties. We cannot and do not endorse it in any way, nor do we vouch for its accuracy or usefulness. Furthermore, we expressly disclaim any liability associated with material posted by third parties.
• Disclaimer of Endorsement. Reference to any products, services, hypertext link to the third parties or other information by trade name, trademark, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by us. Nor is an endorsement of us implied by such links.
• Information Subject to Change. Any information on this website may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Furthermore, the information may change from time to time without any notice. THESE LEGAL NOTICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Your privacy is important to us. Helping provide for your insurance needs while protecting your personal information is of utmost importance to us. We want you to know the steps we take to protect the information we collect and, in some cases, disclose.
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bailey Act (GLBA) and the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania generally prohibit us from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a third party unless we provide you with this notice of our privacy policies and practices describing the type of information that we collect about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom that information may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA and the laws of this state, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Wagner-Giblin Insurance Agency.
The laws of this state further require that we inform you that we may not share your personal information with a non-affiliated third party for any purpose that is not specifically authorized by law unless we obtain your affirmative permission.
1. Information we collect: To secure insurance products for you & your family we collect information necessary to underwrite and provide accurate insurance rates, to maintain and improve customer service and facilitate claims handling.
A. Categories of Information Collected and Sources From Which We Collect It We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms.
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others.
• Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
• Information we receive from medical records or medical professionals.
• You have the right to request to be interviewed in connection with the preparation of such a report.
• Upon request, you are entitled to receive a copy of the report.
• The information obtained from the report prepared by the third party may be retained by the third party and disclosed to other persons.
2. Information we may disclose to third parties: In the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information that we collect (as described above) about you or others without your permission to the following types of institutions for the reasons described:
• To a third party if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us.
• To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction.
• To an insurance institution, agent or credit reporting agency for either this agency or the entity to whom we disclose the information to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you.
• To a medical care institution or medical professional in order to verify coverage or benefits, inform you of a medical problem of which you may not be aware, or conduct an audit that would enable us to verify treatment.
• To an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities.
• To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of our operations or services.
• To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies.
In addition to those circumstances listed above, and unless you tell us not to by notifying us in writing at the address listed in Section 3 below, we may disclose certain information about you to third parties whose only use of the information will be for the purpose of marketing a product or service. Under no circumstances will we disclose for marketing purposes: (1) any medical information;(2) information relating to a claim for a benefit or a civil or criminal proceeding involving you; or (3) personal information relating to your character, personal habits, mode of living or general reputation.
3. Your right to access and amend your personal information: You have the right to request access to the personal information that we record about you. Your right includes the right to know the source of the information and the identity of the persons, institutions or types of institutions to whom we have disclosed such information within two (2) years prior to your request. Your right includes the right to view such information and copy it in person, or request that a copy of it be sent to you by mail (for which we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our costs). Your right also includes the right to request corrections, amendments or deletions or any information in our possession. The procedures that you must follow to request access to or an amendment of your information are as follows:
To obtain access to your information: You should submit a request in writing to Wagner-Giblin Insurance Agency, Personal Information Request, 3928 Avonia Road, P.O. Box 280, Fairview, PA 16415. The request should include your name, address, social security number, telephone number, and the recorded information to which you would like access. The request should state whether you would like access in person or a copy of the information sent to you by mail. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to arrange providing you with access in person or the copies that you have requested. To correct, amend, or delete any of your information: You should submit a request in writing to Wagner-Giblin Insurance Agency, Personal Information Request, 3928 Avonia Road, P.O. Box 280, Fairview, PA 16415. The request should include your name, address, social security number, telephone number, the specific information in dispute, and the identity of the document or record that contains the disputed information. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to notify you either that we have made the correction, amendment or deletion, or that we refuse to do so and the reasons for the refusal, which you will have an opportunity to challenge.
4. Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security: We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect information about you.
Last modified on: 9/13/2005